Dr Shreena Unadkat – Clinical Psychologist and Senior Lecturer covers:
- Basic sleep science
- The psychology of broken sleep and the connection to physical health, and pain
- What we know about people’s perception of sleep
Dr Unadkat answers attendee questions live, for those living with pain, experiencing sleep challenges, and for clinicians and other health professionals.
THIS IS FOR:
- Anyone living with pain or other health challenges and experiencing sleep issues
- Partners, family, friends
- Healthcare professionals, and researchers with an interest in any aspect of the sleep and physical health and/or pain connection
MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST
Over the past 15 years, Dr Unadkat has worked in several physical health and adult chronic pain services across the UK, including the renowned INPUT residential pain programme at St Thomas’s Hospital in London. She is also a senior lecturer on the Salomons Doctorate for Clinical Psychology and has a special interest in the interaction between sleep and physical health, and of course pain.
Dr Unadkat has a lived experience of widespread chronic pain for the last two years, which has given her even deeper insights.
Sheren Gaulbert – Vulval Pain Society Trustee, Pain Science Educator, Therapist & Former Patient (vulvodynia & other persisting pain)
Vulval Pain Society @VulvalPainVPS
Dr Shreena Unadkat on Twitter @DrShreeUnadkat
Sheren Gaulbert @SherenGaulbert
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- At least 1 in 3 is affected by chronic or persisting pain in their lifetime!
- At least 1 in 7 experience vulval pain in their life, so the likelihood is that even if you are not aware, someone you know may be going through this pain right now or do so in the future. Knowledge is power, it’s time for change.