The following vulval pain support groups are based in the UK. Many hold regular meetings – please visit their microsites for further information. These support groups are independent of the Vulval Pain Society; we only pass on their contact details in the hope that it will benefit you.
For additional UK support groups which are email or internet-only, please see Online only groups.
For support groups based outside the UK, please see our international page International groups and organisations.
- Birmingham and the West Midlands -the West Midlands Vulval Pain Support Group meets in Birmingham. It has been set up to provide confidential support and advice for women in the West Midlands suffering from vulval pain conditions such as vulvodynia and vestibulodynia. For further details, download the WMVPSG poster, or email Sarah, who runs the group.
- Bristol – the Bristol Vulval Health Support Group meet in Bristol and can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of time and venue for meetings. The group’s website is at https://sites.google.com/view/bristolvhsg.
- East Wales, Cheshire, Shropshire and Hereford – these areas are covered by the Welsh Marches Vulval Pain Support Group. The group administrator has asked us to post the following information:
‘The Welsh Marches Vulval Pain Support Group is now much easier to join – simply go to https://groups.io/g/wmvpsg. I look forward to accepting your requests to join.’
- Greater Manchester, Lancashire and South Cumbria – the Manchester Vulval Support Network (MVSN) holds meetings in Manchester. MVSN aims to provide a forum for women affected by vulval conditions to share helpful advice, enjoy informative talks from a range of speakers and create a local network for patients and professionals to share best practice. For further details about the meetings, please see the MVSN website.
- North Cornwall/Truro – please call the Cornwall Lichen Sclerosus and Vulvodynia Support Group on 07547 210293.
- South West – the Somerset Vulvodynia Network covers this region. For details of meetings, contact the group administrator on 07307 633820 or via email at email@example.com.
- West Country – please call the National Vulva Helpline on 07765 947599.
- The Association for Lichen Sclerosus and Vulval Health have a website at http://lichensclerosus.org.