A vulval clinic is usually a hospital service offering care specifically for vulval problems and it can be run by a number of different speciality doctors. The British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease is an organisation of health professionals who have an interest in vulval disease. They hold a database of vulval clinics and services in the UK, which you can search for clinics and services near you. You can access the BSSVD’s vulval clinic list using the following link:

Please note that as a patient you cannot refer yourself to these clinics and you will need to be referred by your GP. Self-referral is possible, however, if you visit a Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) vulval clinic. For more information about GUM clinics and other services available, please see our Getting help from health professionals page.