DR ANGELA WRIGHT GP, Clinical Sexologist and Menopause Specialist covers:

  • the changes in the vulva and vagina when oestrogen and testosterone levels drop
  • how this may affect sex
  • what treatment options there are
  • what non-drug things can help
  • special cases – women after cancer, women after surgery – how hormones and illness can affect vulval health and sexuality


  • Patients with vulval pain, including vulvodynia, vestibulodynia, vaginismus
  • Patients who are perimenopausal or postmenopausal
  • Partners, family, friends
  • Healthcare professionals, and researchers with an interest in women’s health, menopause, and/or pelvic health

HOST: Sheren Gaulbert – Vulval Pain Society Trustee, Pain Science Educator, Therapist and Former Vulvodynia Patient


  • Up to 51% of the population may experience menopause and the other 49% is likely to know someone who may go through “The Change”. So yes, it’s important to be informed!
  • 1 in 7 experience vulval pain in their life, so the likelihood is that even if you are not aware, someone you know may be going through this pain right now or do so in future. Knowledge is power, it’s time for change.

#Menopause #PainfulSex #Vaginismus #Vulvodynia #VulvalCancer #VulvalPainSoMeLive