Dr Winston de Mello Pain Medicine Consultant, and our Trustee, discusses Bladder Pain Syndrome and Interstitial Cystitis.
- Definition of Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Causes and triggers
- Why it’s difficult to diagnose
- Treatment and management
THIS IS FOR:
- People living with Bladder Pain Syndrome or Interstitial Cystitis
- Partners, family, friends
- Healthcare professionals, and researchers with an interest in any aspect of pelvic pain, and pelvic health
HOST: Sheren Gaulbert – Vulval Pain Society Trustee, Pain Science Educator, Therapist and former patient (vulvodynia and other persisting pain)
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- Approximately 400,000 people in the UK live with Bladder Pain Syndrome and 3 – 8 million people in the US.
- At least 1 in 7 experience vulval pain in their life, so the likelihood is that even if you are not aware, someone you know may be going through this pain right now or do so in future. Knowledge is power, it’s time for change.