DR KAREN GIBBON Consultant Dermatologist and vulval skin specialist is back!
This time she introduces people with vulval or genital skin conditions to an algorithm that can help doctors better understand them and their symptoms so they can get the correct treatment.
If you’re a GP, pelvic health clinician, or dermatologist, this is a great flowchart to help you decide on an appropriate care pathway for your patient. And as a patient you can show this to your doctor or healthcare professional so best care route can be determined.
You can find:
- the Algorithm for Management of Vulval Symptoms at https://vulvalpainsociety.org/get-support/vulval-symptom-algorithm/
- More resources at https://vulvalpainsociety.org/get-support/guides-leaflets-and-resources/
PATIENT AND CLINICIAN QUESTIONS:
As many questions sent in advance of the live stream, answered.
THIS IS FOR:
- Anyone with a genital skin condition or skin discomfort
- Partners, family, friends
- Healthcare professionals, and researchers with an interest in any aspect of pelvic pain, pelvic health, or dermatology
HOST: Sheren Gaulbert – Vulval Pain Society Trustee, Pain Science Educator, therapist and former patient (vulvodynia and other persisting pain)
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- At least 1 in 7 experience vulval pain in their life, so the likelihood is that even if you are not aware, someone you know may be going through this pain right now or do so in future. Knowledge is power, it’s time for change.