The world-renowned expert Dr Siobhain O’ Mahony – Director of BSc Neuroscience, University College Cork, Senior Lecturer and Principal Investigator – shares what her research has uncovered and the role of gut bacteria in preventing chronic or persisting pain.
THIS IS FOR:
- Patients with any persisting pain including vulval pain such as vulvodynia, vestibulodynia, vaginismus
- Partners, family, friends
- Healthcare professionals, and researchers with an interest in chronic pain, pelvic pain, and the role of the microbiome
HOST: Sheren Gaulbert – Vulval Pain Society Trustee, Pain Science Educator, Therapist & Former Patient (vulvodynia & other persisting pain)
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- At least 1 in 3 is affected by chronic or persisting pain in their lifetime!
- At least 1 in 7 experience vulval pain in their life, so the likelihood is that even if you are not aware, someone you know may be going through this pain right now or do so in the future. Knowledge is power, it’s time for change.